Chemotherapy Phone Class
Important Update: Chemotherapy education will be offered by phone, and patients can be emailed educational materials related to their chemotherapy if desired. Please contact 504-842-3910 and ask to speak to the Nurse Navigation Department for more information.
Registration is required.
Recommended for patients who will be receiving chemotherapy as part of their treatment plan. The class includes a small group of patients and covers topics such as:
• What to expect, what to bring and what is provided during infusion
• Information on the most common side effects you may experience
• How to recognize problems during treatment
• Infection and food safety precautions
• Other Ochsner resources available to you
Each patient should attend one session only, preferably prior to chemotherapy treatment.
Feel free to bring a family member or a friend.
Meets every Monday 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Classes held in the in the 3rd floor Conference Room in the Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center