Chemotherapy Class at the Benson Cancer Center
Registration is required.
Recommended for patients who will be receiving chemotherapy as part of their treatment plan. The class includes a small group of patients and covers topics such as:
• What to expect, what to bring and what is provided during infusion
• Information on the most common side effects you may experience
• How to recognize problems during treatment
• Infection and food safety precautions
• Other Ochsner resources available to you
Each patient should attend one session only, preferably prior to chemotherapy treatment.
Feel free to bring a family member or a friend.
Meets every Monday 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Classes held in the in the 3rd floor Conference Room in the Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center